1) I got accepted to Utah Business Week! YAY! I'm so happy! I'm going to be rooming with my bestie and it's going to be one of the best weeks of my summer. It will be like EFY all over again except it won't be 112 degrees outside. It will also give me a chance to get back at my bestie for how she makes fun of me when i "peed" my pants at efy. I did not pee my pants. My water bottle broke in my purse and it all seeped through and landed on my lap. :) hahaha.
2) I donated blood for the first time on tuesday! It was so cool! I loved it! I am really excited to go do it again, i just have to wait weeks. I filled the bag really fast according to the blood tech. I also have a large vein in my left arm. The tech said it "was bigger than his". haha. I take that as a compliment. I don't care if that is a masculine remark. I felt very accomplished after i donated. My bestie was so nervous to donate but she donated anyways. I was so proud of her! She didn't faint or cry. She was so strong and such a great example to me. She showed me that we can all overcome our fears to help others. Love her to death!
3) I've been working with my friend TL lately to get some shirts made for the Make-A-Wish club at LP for awhile and they were finished this week. I was so happy! They look awesome! He did an awesome job. Everyone loves them! The president was especially happy with them, and my work with Make-A-Wish has definately paid off. The president is talking to me about giving me a more prominent position next year! YAY!
4) I made National Honors Society. WOOHOO! I'm really excited to be a part of that club next year. It focuses on leadership, character, service, and scholarship. It's going to be alot of fun being a part of it for my senior year. I hope I have enough extra-cirriculars now BYU! haha.
5) The Dead Poets Society! This is such a good movie. I watched it last night with my bestie and TL. It was really good. There was so many things i loved about that movie. The actors were really good. O! Captain! My Captain! Robin Williams played him. He was so great. He really shines in that movie. There is constant poetry in that show. Thoreau, Whitman, and others. I loved it! It's about boys in a boarding school who are encourage by their teacher (Robin Williams) to think freely, they start this dead poets society and talk about poetry and do other things. It's so funny. It captures alot of teenage spirit that i love! There isn't a happy ending. I will tell you that now. So, if you hate sad endings don't watch the last twenty minutes, other than that it's a great show.
This is at the end. This is the part where the members of the DPS stood up for what they beleived in. It made the movie for me. If this wasn't in there then i would probably hate this movie, but i love it! :)
6) School is almost over. Things are coming to an end. I've been busy getting my grades up because i have been lazy all term, and while i feel like some things are getting easier, i feel like all of my last minute efforts aren't paying off. Today i made crepes for my french class to get some extra credit and that helped. I now have an A in that class. Whew! (That's my sigh of releif!)
Other than those things, nothing really good has been going on. One more day of school this week and then it's the weekend. I can't wait for the weekend. My piano recital is this weekend. AH! Yikes! We'll see how that goes. haha. Life is more than just peachy. There are so many things that are incredible in life. These are just a few, but there is always something that makes my life wonderful. I can list so many things that i am grateful right now. They all are more than just peachy!
p.s. I tie-dyed a shirt in chemistry today! I did something that no other person in my class did. I can't wait to see it. I'm so excited to wash out the dye and see how good it looks!
p.p.s. I think my most used phrases would be "I can't wait" and "I'm so excited". Sorry if you are getting annoyed of hearing me say those. I'm getting kinda annoyed of them. I will try to expound my vocabulary in future posts.