Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Why I Love Fall

1) Boots. I love boots. Fall means it's officially time to pull them out of the closet and start wearing them again. Even better, it means it's time to buy new ones. haha! I won't be buying any right now since college is expensive  but I do have my eye set of some fabulous brown boots at Steve Madden.
2) Sweaters. The majority of outfits I wear consist of a sweater. But with the temperature cooling down, it now means that I can wear more long sleeved sweaters which I love. I love curling up in soft fabric. It's so comfortable. I can't wait til I get to pull out my coats too! Alright, pretty much I love everything about fall fashion. It's my season for sure.
3) Pumpkin Bread. Anyone ever had Kneader's? I love it.
4) Reese's Peanut Butter Cups in the shape of pumpkins. Chocolate marshmallows in the shape of pumpkins. Any candy in the shape of a pumpkin is just instantly amazing.
5) Apple cider and hot chocolate. I love warm drinks. Literally, I curl up in blankets, sweaters, and watch my favorite movies while sipping on hot chocolate.
6) Soup. Okay, i didn't intend for all of these to be about food. That was an accident. haha! But I love soup so much! When I was growing up, my mom made homemade soup all the time. We would come home and she would have soup on the stove. It was so amazing. I love eating soup and the warmth it spreads throughout my soul. Lately, I've been making soup and freezing it so I can have it whenever I want.
7) Leaves falling on the ground. I love the sound of a crunchy leaf being stepped on. So I step on a lot of leaves. I also love throwing them and getting in fights with leaves. I also love the colors of the trees and how they change. Living in Utah means that we look at a lot of mountains. It's so beautiful to see how the landscapes change during the fall.
8) BYU football season. You know it's fall when the games start. I love going to the games. My family has had season tickets for awhile now and it's always a blast to go!
9) Halloween. It's just a fun holiday.
10) It leads to winter. Which I also love. And the holidays. Which I love even more.

One reason why I don't like fall this year:
1) Brady leaves for his mission. Time is flying by. He leaves in three weeks exactly. I feel like he just barely got his call. But I know that he is doing the right thing by going on a mission. And after this year, when fall comes again in 2013, I will love it again, because he will have been gone a year, and it'll mean he'll be home in just one more year. I know he's just going to be an amazing missionary. That is what is more than just peachy lately. And we get to do lots of fun stuff one last time before he leaves. I have lots of things to post about, just waiting on pictures. We're going to have some adventures this weekend too! I can't wait.

Fall is kinda my season. I pretty much love everything about it. Every sudden gust of wind, every leaf that falls off a tree, and every cup of hot chocolate i'm going to drink, makes me happy. That is more than just peachy.

No comments:

Post a Comment