Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Years Resolutions

It's a new year and it's a new chance to change a few things and do better. So i've come up with a few goals for myself this new year. I need to stop slacking off and start being better at being myself.

1. Be a better athlete! I want to be a better teammate, player, and i want to work harder. I'm determined to work very hard to be in better shape for the upcoming rugby season. I want to be the best that I can be and I want to win. I'm willing to do whatever it takes.

2. Be healthier. This one has a lot to do with the first one. In order to be a better athlete i need to be in better shape. That starts with my diet and how well I'm taking care of myself. I want to live a healthier lifestyle so i can feel better and do better in rugby. This includes very low amounts of sugar and no more caffeine or carbonation. I'm not addicted to caffeine but I am to carbonation. I have a habit of picking up a cherry lime-aid from Sonic on days that i work. It tastes good but it's definitely not good for me.

3. Be a better student. I need to be ready for college and it's time to stop slacking off. I want to make sure i am remebering everything that i'm learning from my classes. Somedays i feel like it all goes in one ear and then out the other. haha!

4. Be more organized. My life is crazy. I'm busy working, dealing with school, and getting ready for college. I want to be more organized so that my life will be a little bit more in order and not so crazy.

5. Be a better blogger. I have slacked off with this blog for a long time. I've noticed that this is a stress releiver for me. I love blogging because i can write about whatever i want. For the new year i'm going to try to blog at least once a week. This blogging thing has helped keep me sane. Hehe! I love it! It will be good if i'm posting once a week, i won't be so crazed, if i do keep posting. ha!

6. Be more spiritual. I am LDS and there are just some things that i'm really bad at doing everyday. This year is going to be the year where i will work hard and really prepare myself spiritually for life on my own. I'm very excited to get my personal progress finished. I have been working hard on that for the past few months and i need to be finished by the time i'm eighteen. I have a long way to go to finish that on time. But I am confident i can accomplish that goal. I love personal progress and the difference it has made in my life. It has helped me become closer to my Father in Heaven and i'm so grateful for that. I'm so grateful for the blessings of the gospel in my life. I can't imagine where i would be without it. So this year I want to continue to build my testimony.

I hope everyone had a great holiday. I know i did. I spent the majority of it working but then i had foot surgery on New Years Eve. These past few days of relaxing and rest have been amazing. My family has been so good to me. They have waited on me hand and foot and have made me so comfortable while i've been inmobile. I'm grateful for my family. They are amazing! I hope that if you set new years resolutions also that you'll be able to acheive them. I hope i can acheive my goals also, i'm determined to do so. Now it's back to reality, school starts tommorow. Yikes! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment