Sunday, January 16, 2011

Nothing to Regret

My great grandma turned 100 in December. 100! Woo! That woman is amazing! But she's also lived life to the fullest. She had three sons and they had a bunch of sons. Although she isn't a member of my faith, she was one of the most wonderful people i have ever met and will ever know. She served people for the majority of her life. She was an incredible person. I'm incredibly grateful for her and the influnence she has had in my life. I'm also grateful that she remembers my name and who i am. For 100, she's pretty sane. LOL! 100 years is a really long time. It doesn't compare to forever, but it is a long time. Most americans don't make is to 100 and they don't make it to 100 with physical health like my great grandma Norma has. Life moves very quickly. I count down the days til i go to preference, I count down the days til rugby starts, and I count down the days til I turn eighteen. But in reality, those days that i wait forever for, come and go in the blink of an eye. They come and then they are gone. It's hard to say goodbye to the things that make me happy. It's hard to say goodbye to the things i love. It's hard to let go of regret. I don't want to look back and regret anything. I don't want to regret the days that i didn't take the time to say I love you to my family. I don't want to regret the friendships i let go to waste because i didn't take the time to make the effort to keep them alive. I don't want to regret the moments that i waited so long for. I want to enjoy them. So, it is with the fear of regret, that i move on, and do better. I will from this day, strive to make myself better in everything that i do. So that i don't regret the best moments of my life. I don't ever want to regret anything again. I want to know that i lived my life to the fullest and did the best that i could, just like my great grandma. Because if you regret everything for 100 years, then all you'll ever have is regret. I'm not here to regret my life, I'm here to live it. To me, that is absolutely More Than Just Peachy!

No comments:

Post a Comment