Monday, November 14, 2011

Grattitude

Thanksgiving is almost here! YAY! I'm so excited to have a break from school for a short time and see my family. It's going to be really nice. I just wanted to write down a few things that I am especially grateful for. These people and things make happier than anything. I'm absolutely grateful for all of them.
  1. My family. My parents, grandparents, extended family, and my siblings. I don't know where i would be without them. Their support means everything to me.
  2. My roommates: Techinally these five girls are my second family. They are amazing people. They are great examples to me. They are always there to cheer you up when you have a bad day.
  3. My education: I know i complain about school alot, because it is seriously hard, and everyday brings a new challenge to overcome but i love college. I'm grateful that i have the opportunity to study at BYU and learn in a spritually enriched environment.
  4. My job: Without my job, i would be starving and living at my parent's house. I like living on my own and being able to support myself. My job makes that a lot easier.
  5. My health: Besides foot surgeries this year, I haven't really gotten sick. I'm really grateful for my health. I can't imagine being sick  all the time.
  6. My friends: When you grow up and go to college, you lose a lot of your friends. I'm super grateful for my friends who have stayed close to me since we all moved away. It's always nice to get a call from your girls and talk about things.
  7. My faith: I'm so grateful for the gospel in my life. It has brought me so many blessings, so many things that i know i would not be able to have without the gospel.
  8. My boy: Where would i be without him? That's a good question. I'd probably be severly depressed. haha! Brady makes me happy. He helps me find the good in every situation. He is always there to talk to and is always there for me when I have a really bad day (which lately has been everyday). Whenever I am upset about something, he always gives me a pep talk and he tells me everything is going to be ok. He always lets me cry on his shoulder (not like I always cry) but he is always there to listen when i need it. He supports my dreams, goals, and aspirations. I couldn't ask for a better boy to have in my life. I'm so grateful for him and everything that he does for me. He always reminds me that I can do this and that things could be worse. I'm so grateful he's mine. Next to him is where I belong, and next to him is where i'll always be.
As the holidays approach, there are a million reasons to be grateful. There are so many things to be grateful for. Because it is these things that have made me truly happy and have helped me find the more than just peachy things in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment