Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Missions, Messes, and Marriages

Brady spent the last weekend visiting his mission area with this dad. Which left me with lots of free time. I spent Friday with some friends venturing to Village Inn and then spent Saturday with my family and working on a project which will be complete soon. Can't tell anyone what it is yet...but it's pretty great! Here's what I've been up to since then:

1) My best friend's boyfriend and good friend of mine and Brady's had is mission farewell this past Sunday! Brady got back back just in time for his fareweill! We were so happy to be able to spend some time with him before he left. We spent some time hanging out with friends and his family after church. Talk about awesome! These Samoans know how to throw a party! Great food and fun! We spent three hours laughing, eating, and playing volleyball together. I'm really going to miss our friend and I can't wait for him to get back so that we can double with him and Brook again!

From Left to Right: Brady, Me, Kelsi, Jared (the missisonary), Brooklyn (his girl), Mariah, Annie, Taylor, and Dallin. The last time we'll all be together for awhile! 
2) Monday was my apartment's cleaning check. It was nuts. Basically all of us had spent the weekend away with our families and we had left the place in a huge mess. We all came back within five hours before the cleaning check and spent all of that time cleaning like mad people. It was exhausting. I'm so glad we passed. I'm even more glad that they are going to replace the carpet in our bedrooms! Yay! We need it so bad. Now, we just have to be good and keep the apartment clean until the new roommates move in. I'm sad i'm going to be losing five great roomies. I love them so much! But i'm excited for the new school year to start and for the opportunity to meet some new friends.

3) My old roommate Kaitlyn got married on Monday! We rushed up to SLC after we finished our cleaning check to go to her reception! I'm so happy for her! I had a great time living with her! I'm really glad we got to be roommates! We all took dates to her reception and had a fun time exploring temple square and Salt Lake that night. Brady and I love spending time together in the car. We were the odd couple out that ended up in our own car. I'm glad we did though. We always have something to talk about and time flies. I'm going to miss our long drives and deep conversations.

From Left to Right: Jake and Jessica, Devin and Josie, Katie and Tom, Sterling and Maraika, Me and Brady
Katie, Me, Kaitlyn, Maraika, and Jessica. So happy for her! She looked stunning! 
4) Last night Jess, Josie, and me all ended up at Walmart buying movies, junk food, and lots of other things we probably don't need. haha! We also made a stop at Panda Express before finding ourselves at home watching The Prince & Me. This also prompted queso making and chocolate eating. Oh goodness...did I feel sick! But it was so much fun! I'm going to miss these girls so much! 

5) I'm currently sitting on my couch doing absolutely nothing. Well not nothing, i'm watching my third movie of the day with my roommate Josie. It's only 11:20 am so far and we've already watched How to Train Your Dragon and The Lion King. We're now starting The Invisible! It's one of my favorites! Who knows what we'll do next! But seriously, taking a day off feels so good! 

Summer is almost over. It's been a good one. It's been filled with adventure. And i'm determined to enjoy the rest of what's left of it. Life is more than just peachy! Enjoy it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment