Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Sweet Smelling Scent of Success


I love the smell of baked goods. I walk into a bakery and i'm sold. I will leave with something because i just can't resist the smell of the yummy things. What do i not love the smell of? Let's be serious here......skunks, farms, stinky dogs, sweaty boys in the summer who smell like stinky dogs, and manuer. They all stink. But yoummy things like cakes, brownies, and rolls. :) I think rolls smell so good. Especially Lion House Rolls, they are the super good ones (Well excluding my grammy's homemade butterhorns, nobody can beat those). The day i walked into Deseret Book to buy some rolls for my mom was the day that changed my summer. I walked in and noticed a position avaliable for a pantry worker! HOORAY! Just what i need, a job in the Lion House pantry! :) A job with all those incredible rolls! Oh yeah! So i ran home, filled out the application online, and then waited. I waited about a day before i got a call, a call for an interview. So i went to the interview and then a day later i got the call back for the second interview. Three days later, i went back in for the final final interview with the head hauncho. Oh yikes! I was so so so nervous. But it went well, and i never got a call back. I was so sad. I knew it was because i still had to go to youth conference, girl's camp, and UBW. Fast forward to August 9th, 2010. I get a call from Deseret Book again. Another spot opened up and they want me to come in for another interview. SWEET! So, I go in, and they didn't even interview me. They just told me that they wanted me to work for them. :) SWEET! SUPER PEACHY MOMENT! So I started yesterday. Dang, it was hard. I had to learn alot in one day. It was really hard. But I'm sure that once i get used to the system more, i will be pro. It's so much fun! It's an amazing job. I know that i got this job because i did what i was supposed to and went to youth conference and girl's camp. I'm so grateful for this huge blessing in my life. And so, for the past two days, i have been smelling nothing but the sweet scent of success! Oh! It's super peachy! Nothing beats the smell of it. It's like that feeling you get when you got 100% on a job. It's great. :) It's super super peachy! And now my life is super busy, but nothing compares to this amazing job and the great advantages i'll receive because of it. Did i mention the 25% employee discount?? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment